Unlocking your phone
If you bought your phone from another network, you might need to get it 'unlocked' before you can use it with a Three SIM. To do this you’ll need to contact your previous network provider and request for your phone to be unlocked.
If you have a phone that you've bought from Three, we'll unlock it for you if you meet our eligibility rules.
Eligibility Rules: Billpay
- your account is not currently suspended by Collections or our Customer Protection Team.
- you are a voice customer (we don’t issue unlock codes for broadband customers).
- if you have completed your contract period and not upgraded, we'll issue the unlock code, for the original/previous handset, free of charge.
- if you are still within your minimum term, you'll have to make an advance payment equivalent to the total of all the monthly charges still remaining before we will issue your unlock code.
Eligibility Rules: Prepay
- you are a voice customer (we don’t issue unlock codes for broadband customers)
- you‘ll need to have topped-up your prepay account by at least €130 before we will issue your unlock code. This doesn’t include any bonus or promotional credit.
To request your unlock code, please go to http://www.three.ie/unlockcode and submit your request. Please ensure you complete all fields in full.