How can I improve my speed and signal strength?
Mobile broadband uses a radio signal. The strength of signal will vary depending on where you are, the weather conditions, even the construction of a building!
If you need a stronger signal strength and faster download speeds, here are some things you can try:
- To make sure you get the best signal, treat your dongle like an aerial. Consider the positioning! (an upstairs room will be better than one in a basement flat).
- Use the USB cable that came with your dongle to help reduce interference from your computer. This should make your signal stronger.
- Some rooms get a stronger signal than others, depending on the thickness of walls. The more windows in the room, the better.
- Think about buying a wireless router, which can relay the signal. Just find a room with good signal strength; plug the dongle into the router, and up to four computers in your house (or office) can connect.
- Use Three’s coverage checker to check out the quality of service you can expect in your area.